Saturday, December 12, 2009

Desmon Heck Tries to Book a Job (Day 10 of 90)

I have a Sony Cybershot digital camera so i came up with an idea awhile ago of filming videos and posting them on my youtube page(i know. a very original idea. lol). Oh my url is www.youtube.com/desmonheck by the way if you want to check it out. But i decided to start filming a bunch of actors all auditioning for the same part. My goal is to get over a thousand actors on there. So i post the ad on craigslist regularly and then set up meetings. So i filmed one yesterday. The actor's name is Rhoda Pell. I waited outside the front of the North Hollywood Library to meet up with her. Its funny because the thing i learned about most actors out here is that they stick out in one way or another. There's something about a lot of them that makes you notice them in a crowd. And sure enough i knew it was her the second i saw her. She was a very nice looking lady with her gray hair rolled up into a bun. She was wearing a black outfit that made her look very gothic; like a good witch from Hogwarts or something. It was a long black dress with some sort of black leather bustier on the top and a black sash around her neck. I walked up to her and introduced myself. She said she was looking for a guy with a video camera but she wasnt sure if it was me since she didnt see one. I embarrassingly pulled my digital camera out of my pocket. She said that today was her birthday and her children were taking her out to dinner and something else good was happening to her which i forgot. Then she said that she also wanted to get put on film somehow for her birthday, so i fulfilled that part of her birthday for her. That made me feel good.
Besides that there's not really that much going on. I went to my friend Dane's place and hung out with him and his gf. Matt's gf is in town from Texas so she's staying at our place. Hmmmm.....i guess thats it. No more auditions yet. I'm going to keep submitting.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting concept the 1000 actor audition. I'll get bored and do it someday. I'll tell you in advance I want to do a cheesy soap opera audition. Stare into the distance, bite my finger for dramatic effect and sigh very loudly. Worst part is, I'll be doing my best and you'll be laughing thinking I'm intentionally doing my worst.

    ReplyDelete